Friday, January 13, 2012

Flannel Friday! Iceberg! Penguins!


Iceberg! Penguins!

I love using the penguin theme for my winter storytimes!  I live for those special 2 year old moments when the eyes of the child and their parents meet the magic of the felt board.  This activity helps to foster those connections.  It also helps teach young children to wait their turn, follow directions, and listen for their name to be called.

Each penguin is made of white felt layered on black felt.  Orange felt for feet and beak and black hole punches for their eyes.   
I made 15 + black and white penguins to frolick on the ice.  By making 15+, each child attending my storytime will get the opportunity to place a penguin on the felt board! 


Here is the URL for the penguin pattern I used : http://www.daniellesplace.com/Images19/penguinfeltpat.gif

Thanks Danielle!